Jio phone is the most awaited 4G VOlte feature phone in just 1500. The booking of Jio phone is about to start on 24 August 2017. The device will be delivered on the first come, first serve basis. Buyers have to pre-book offline or online, Delivery will start in September first week. As of now, The Jio Phone will be available for user testing in beta mode from August 15. You can register your interest @http://jio.com . jio phone details are discussed below.
Process of booking Jio feature phone
- Register your interest HERE. Some peoples might get testing units.
- Jio phone bookings will officially start on 24 August (Offline & Online), Certain offline retailers have already started pre-booking in some regions of Delhi-NCR and other states.
- Rs 1500 needs to be paid at the time of picking/delivery of handset.
- Deliveries will start from the first week of September. Book asap, To get early delivery.
- Only one device per Aadhar card.
- If you want to book more than one jio phone, You can place the pre-order in the name of your business. You’ve to submit your organisations’s GSTN or PAN number then only you can apply for bulk bookings of jio phone.
- You can specify the required no. of devices.
- You will be notified on your registered mobile number.
Documents required to get Jio Feature phone
- Buyers need to submit their Aadhar card copy with the authorised jio retailer.
- Only one unit per Aadhar card across the country. As online real time data will be updated into the main centralised server you can not buy multiple devices from single Aadhar number.
Jio phone Price
Jio phone is free, As announced by Reliance Industries Chairman Mr. Mukesh Ambani. But buyers are required to pay Rs 1500 as a security deposit to avoid misuse of data. Security deposit is refundable after 3 years. Proper T&c are yet to revealed. Unlimited data and calls will be given at Rs 153 per month. More value for money plans is expected in future with the increasing competition.
Jio phones Features
The entry level Jio phone will come with unlimited voice, data, texts on a monthly pack of Rs 153. High-speed data capped at 500Mb/day.
- Alphanumeric Keypad
- 2.4 inch QVGA display.
- 240*320 Resolution
- Fm radio
- Expandable storage
- Voice Commands
- 22 Language Support
- Panic button
- Facebook app
- Single Sim (Only for Jio Volte network)
Qualcomm & Spreadtrum powered chips will be available in Jio phone. So users can expect some experience, features in their phones. Jio is targeting feature phone segment this time and this move will definitely trouble all brands depending on feature phone sales.
Jio phone Concerns
- Performance is suspicious. Don’t know how this phone performs after some days of usage.
- Battery backup can be an issue on 4G network.
- Jio phone seems not to be capable of providing good internet experience.
- Availability & delivery of jio phone will surely a headache for eager buyers.